Friday, August 21, 2009

Listen/Observe

Below is a fable that I have read and this one clings to me simply because I can relate to it:

A little bird was flying south for the winter.
It was so cold, the bird froze and fell to the ground in a large field.
While it was lying there, a cow came by and dropped some dung on it.

As the frozen bird lay there in the pile of cow dung, it began to realize how warm it was. The dung was actually thawing him out!
He lay there all warm and happy, and soon began to sing for joy.

A passing cat heard the bird singing and came to investigate.
Following the sound, the cat discovered the bird under the pile of cow dung, and promptly dug him out and ate him!


Management Lessons:
1) Not everyone who drops sh*t on you is your enemy.
2) Not everyone who gets you out of sh*t is your friend.
3) And when you're in deep sh*t, keep your mouth shut!

Lesson number 1 defines me that is why I can still remember this even if I have read this long time ago. Some people find me cruel that I mock at the people. When I speak differently or harshly to a person, it only means that he/she is a close friend. I am not sure if they already observed it but I am a person who will be there when they need me and would give all that I can give to help. My advice sometimes may sound cruel, but if they are listening attentively, they will see that it is for their own good and I am trying to help. This applies not only to my friends but also my relatives and co-workers. I tried to be gentler but after some time, it still bursts out.

2 comments:

  1. Appreciated the lessons you pulled from the fable; and yes, they are true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both the humor and the logic in this fable, if only all life's lessons could be summed up so easily! lol

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.