Friday, June 5, 2009

May '09 Holidays

I had a great 3-week holiday in the Philippines. I and my family went from places to places, buying needed things for family and things that I have to bring in PNG. It has been more than 6 months since I left my country and found a lot of things that have changed. My focus then is for me and my family to have fun and enjoy the time we are together.<>

Unfortunately, my kids went to summer classes that hindered us to go far from home. My kids insisted that I send and fetch them. We just maximized time after school. I am glad to hear and see the improvement in them. I brought them to places that I know they would enjoy. I know that the place doesn’t have to be very special, but knowing my kids, I know exactly what they want. Of course, taking pictures is part of my itinerary. Below are some of the places we’ve been.

Below is a huge ground where I brought the 2 kids so they can run around. It appeared too big for them but they got what they wanted - running, running and more running. This is in University of the Philippines. We wanted to come here for 2 reasons, Gio and Jahn to Play and taking pictures of the scenery.

The city where I live in, San Pablo City is also known for its 7 Lakes. The one that is more famous is this - Sampaloc lake (Sampaloc means tamarind in English). I wanted to come here because I see the view to be relaxing. I took a lot of good pictures from here and this one is my favorite.
This may be a small resort, but I am hapy to see my kids swimming. The 2 kids are afraid of the water and with the aid of their classmates, they also had fun on the water.
Have been to this floating huts when I was still a bachelor. I find this place nice, the kids liked the placed and my wife - the food.
Going out is fun especially for the kids as they are both can already appreciate the things they see. Bonding with family is good problem I had – parting time.

3 comments:

  1. That's nice to see someone really take time to build his or her family. Far to often a family is just something to have, like a ring. Your really treating your family like people and considering their social needs. Your average father won’t think of taking a whole 3 weeks to spend with their children. That makes you a great man. Do those huts move around a lot, I guess not because you can eat. But still, if a boat comes by something could fall over. This makes it more fun and it is a special place. Again, something only great men do, sharing things they like with the rest of the family. You can see the health of this family in the way the kids are able to face their fears and how they have strong connections outside the family. You really have something special, don’t lose this for anything. Keep running your family like this and all 4 of you will be great people. Good luck and I hope your devotion to your family continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took some very nice pictures.Its seems as though you had a very fun time, and I really liked those floating huts. It would be very fun to go out and eat out on one of them. Its good to be able to do stuff with your kids when they appreciate it. Very nice pictures and post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like you have had quite a holiday. I have to admit, I have never been anywhere near Oceana and this is the first time I have ever read your blog. I am guessing PNG means Papua New Guinea? The experiences you share are so cool and you have pictures to extend on live's journeys. The landscape of the University of Phillipines looks extremely nice. It is always a good idea to try to make the most out of each day and appreciate each day for what it is. It seems clear that you do that. I think I would like visiting the Philippines. I have never heard of huts on water let alone restaurants in huts on water - very cool. I plan on stopping by again.

    Take Care,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.