Thursday, May 20, 2010

American Idol 2010

This year is the first time that I have followed the very famous American Idol starting from its Final 24 contestant. Many says that there aren't much good talent this year but I find the whole show entertaining, especially with the comments coming from the judges. Ryan's hosting is also a hit that I find myself some times mimicking him. ()

As a person who has subordinates and give advice, what the judges instill to the contestants are sometimes relevant on cases I have with my personnel or friends that I had chances on using words that they use to the contestants. I sometimes sound like either Randy or Simon as I talk to them. Ellen is hilarious and though she cannot give technical advice, she looks at a different angle and gives jokes that are well timed.

Though the judges are more often in conflict, when it comes to voice and performance, I also try to follow their advice to the contestants and I believe that I myself improves in my singing - though I more often do it in the bathroom only, and that is my opinion only. The famous "you have to own it" and "you're all over the place", are things that comes into mind when I sing and make sure I don't violate them.

My bet Siobhan left early and she would have made it farther should she listen to the judges. Her shouting sounds great at first, fine with the second but Simon hated it on the next ones. They had good advices gives to her but were not followed.

I haven't been playing guitar for a long time until Tim played "I can't help falling in love with you". His plucking is superb and his voice is perfect for his voice. I got more leverage when the final four all played guitar.

1 comment:

  1. The previous batch of American Idols are far better than this years. Especially when they have Adam Lambert. Anyway it is still entertaining. I admire their guts standing there after every song, waiting patiently for the judges comments, be it good, bad or nasty, they still have to put up a smile. Guess that's show biz

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.