Thursday, May 6, 2010

Contract Ending

I have worked for almost 3 years in K.K.Kingston Ltd, Papua New Guinea and through those years, many good things took place. These are years where I put into practice all the things that I have learned from previous jobs, trainings and of course from books that I have read.()

With those years, I have improved in communicating. I have been braver facing big complaints and giving people answers that can solve their problem. It is already automatic that when I hear a problem, answer(s) come in an instant and the level of answer I give them is much better than how I give advice before working in PNG.

I have moved out of my comfort zones in many areas of work and life. There are things that I never knew I can do until I tried them and made possible. I was very cautious before that all moves have to be calculated and before I knew it, opportunity is lost. Now, I walk into the paths where people say it is too risky and learn what is in there.

I have stretched my patience and now can easily accept things the way they are. I have practiced more of putting myself on other’s shoes instead of judging them for what they are doing or saying.

I can make decisions a lot faster now. Knowing systems, patterns and its people here in PNG make planning easier.

After those years, I believe I am mentally and emotionally stronger now. I have met people that are experienced and wise. The feeling is very different when we just listen to what others have done right; and when we do it, thus also reaping the benefits in it. I also have been thru bigger problems where I gained experiences.

Still I know that there are a lot of things I still don’t know yet and have more years of learnings to come. I consider what happened to those years to be big leap for me in terms of leadership and maturity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.