Saturday, November 19, 2011

II - Initial Preparations

Most of the requirements listed are already available or easy to produce except for the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Reading the details in obtaining it, I asked my wife’s approval on spending some amount to check if I can pass the quota for the profession I am in. I didn’t see it will be easy as the highest rating is 9.0 for each of four categories and I should get a minimum of 7.0 for each one of them. ()

For the other qualifications, you can check SOL at www.immi.gov.au. In the website are also the required marks and averages for specific qualifications.

I worked with a multinational company and I am fortunate to have worked with other race that helped me gain confidence in speaking in English. Joecy agreed and on the next holiday/break I had, my priority next to being with my family was to register in IDP in Makati, for the test. The break then was short so it was tailored that I can reserve a seat as soon as possible after arrival in the Philippines and takes the test a week after. Everything was pre-arranged as they have a website and contact numbers in it. The exam took place on 28 November 2008. After 13 days, the result was sent and I passed with all areas with at least 7.0. The certificate says it is valid for 24 months.

On the same year, there was an opportunity to spend holidays in Australia. Joecy and I had the same thing in mind – that it will help going to Australia first before applying for a visa as immigrant. On December 2008, me and my colleagues here in Papua New Guinea went there.

In the List, they asked if the applicant has a relative in Australia. I contacted my cousin and agreed to help me.

Later I learned that it has no bearing going to Australia first as a tourist. But that Australian tourist visa, I believe, helped me in obtaining a 10 year, multiple, US Visa. Only immediate family can help in sponsoring an applicant, but they can help, as a reference person is needed.

Continued from The Opportunity
Continued on Agent Wanted

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.