Friday, November 25, 2011

IV - Initial Assessment

On July 2009, communication with Bertram “Bert” Ocon started. Requirements were requested and they were sent immediately. Positive response came in and the agent said I am legible for migration. Learning my fate, my other colleagues also tried their luck. The 2 others were not legible for the fact that they did not put into use what they have finished in college. This means that the certificate one has should fit the job he/she is in. ()

Initial Requirements requested: (1) Resume, (2) Detailed job description, (3) Details of relatives in Australia, if any and (4) If spouse is a professional and working, same details are also required.

The result of my initial assessment, based from Bert, qualified me to apply for 175 Skilled – independent visa. The Australian profession where my qualification fitted in is in the code ASCO 2126-13, Production or Plant Engineer. It was listed in the 400+ occupation in the critical skill list, then, required by Australia. If the occupation is listed in the critical skill list, it enables quicker processing in the 2nd stage by Immigration, says Bert. Though I haven’t undergone the first stage at that time, it sounded good.

That time, I was just 31 years old and points say I am eligible for the same rating until I reach 35. Plenty of time left, but focus was on the expiry of the IELTS certificate. I would usually pass the assessment, but with a known successful applicant from him, I proceed with the process. I emailed my intention to apply and he replied quickly with his list of requirements and the fees of course.

In July 2011, the critical skill list, now called SOL went down to only 180+. Fortunately, my profession is still listed in it. The codes were also changed.

Continued from Agent Wanted
To be continued . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.