Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Customer Oriented

Monday, 17 Feb. '09, I knew that it was going to be a good day. I promised myself to go and and check out the other manufacturing sites first thing in the morning before going to base - Plastics factory. I started with Paper factory and bumped into an angry manager saying I forgot to send an additional mechanical fitter as he had requested. They already finished the job he continued and no need to send another.<> Before I can say sorry, he walked away. I also walked away instead of saying what I have in mind: "If a fitter is badly needed, why didn't he call us?". It is really is my fault but no need to worry after that... the job is finished already.

Though a friend, I just told myself to treat him as a customer and just follow the saying that "Customer is always right" to keep me from frowning. I know that I just have to come back when he regained his temper. I still went to the other factories and talked to some production personnel.

I went to my Superintendent and he told me that it also slipped off his mind. I told him that I have been in that factory and have heard what the manager has to say. I told him that, that angry man would not be the one to ruin my day. We just laughed about it and he told me that we should tell him that he is not a baby anymore and that he should stop crying.

That day, my boss told me that it is usually emotions that is driving our "customers", all wants need to be satisfied. And that he said, is also what he faces daily. Even though we have been doing things the right way, sometimes, more effort should be given for the needs of those type of people. I understood clearly what he said.

I ended my day very exhausted as there are orders that I followed, many decisions and delegations made. I even have to go for 2 hours of overtime as there was an urgent matter that needed to be sorted out. Though tired, main thing is that nobody ruined my day.

2 comments:

  1. reading the first paragraph of your story, i thought that was a good day..but later on your post...ahhh..sucks the day..though exhausted atleast day isn't ruined anyways?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry mate, but if you would read my other blogs, you would see that I'm a person who loves challenges. That day was full of challenges and surpassing all of them tired but smiling made my day. Thanks for the comment and I see that it is my fault again.

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.