Friday, February 6, 2009

Behind the Scene

Blogs or weblogs may just be something to be read to many. For bloggers, this is a serious thing. I am still a newbie in this area but I have done a lot already to make my blog be better and gain viewers. Many said that very good content is the key but we all know that fist impression lasts and when presentation is not good, readers may not probably look at the good content you have. Listed below are the things that happened before this blog ended as you see it now.

Programming : Good thing for me, I have studied HTML programming before. I don’t have much problem when it comes to editing layout and the content. I had some problem when I changed the blog into 3 columns as it is only 2 by default. I encountered lots of problem in editing because many parameters can’t be accessed due to the change I made. I really want it to be 3 columns so I did all the research in order for me to have the look and contents I want. The “Continue reading…” part is also a modification which is created thru editing the HTML file. I really wanted it so that I can display more posts in a bit short window only.

Trials : The widgets (the things you see at the sides), would not look as consistent as this if I did not tried to modify them. I tried to make their width consistent as possible. I also did some modifications on the HTML file this has, thru trial and error, I ended up with this format. I also wanted some fonts to be bigger so I tried to change some of them and was successful, but not on the first try.

Traffic : Gaining viewers or traffic is never easy but there a lot of ways and it can be seen at Backlink page. I am affiliated with them as they promised to help gain visitors for the site, but with some catch of course. I have tested other sites that help bloggers but they are the best that brought me whatever traffic I am gaining now. I also became member of Blogcatalog.com and MyBlogLog.com where you can join communities and be friend with other bloggers.

Content : After I have finalized the format of the blog, which I think I would still modify later, putting the content was never easy… before. It takes me a bit of time to make a blog out of my previous experiences. After much practice, I can easily put into words all the things that I recall. This is the main ingredient so I would like to have each and every post something worth reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.