Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dream Photos

On Palm Sunday, my friends went to St. Joseph Tech in 8 Mile to be a part of their kids’ summer camp. I have nothing to do that morning so I ended up coming with them. It is the last day and while they are in the hall with the kids during the short program, I stayed outside. I saw some good flowers and with the camera I have, I took pics of them. I tried some settings in the camera and found out how to capture picture which looks like the ones I found in magazines.<>

One type of photos that I love to see is subjects with blurred background. This can be done thru digital applications but seeing that I can do it without the use of editing and even with the not so very sophisticated equipment I have, I can already consider it as an achievement. Below are pics that I took when I learned this trick.


Click here to see pics from 8 mile.

4 comments:

  1. i see more beauty in "beautiful" when i am inspired...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures, and good job finding out how to get better photos out of your camera. Photography technology can sometimes be difficult, but it allows for better pictures such as these. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back when I first bought my digital camera I tried to take as many pics as I could of flowers. Luckily, my parents had some roses, penny bushes, tulips, and a few others I forgot the name of. Anyway, I really need to buy a new camera... it's probably 5 or 6 years old now :\

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, the 2 standing out photos were one of the red flower and one after next - tat of a purple flower.

    to get a blurry background you just need set a smaller aperture. f/2.8 is usually the smallest on digital compact cameras. since it's a fraction the bigger the denominator, the SMALLER the aperture; and the smaller the denominator the BIGGER the aperture. aperture is that hole through which light falls on the photo-sensitive matrix or film.

    also a small trick.. if you zoom in, it will blur the background more (it's due to "converting" to a telephoto lense. the aperture will get smaller a bit but that's fine)

    hope you can find that useful :)good luck in the future! photography is a great thing. i can't imagine my life without it.

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.