Monday, March 16, 2009

Personal Healing

During my grade school years, I am very prone to diarrhea. Just a simple change in water source or some food that is unwanted in my stomach and I'm off to the throne. One day, I had one of those feelings again so I went to my mother and asked for the medicine that I usually take which is very effective. I went to the medicine cabinet and just picked up a blister pack and pulled one of them. I took the dose and immediately the problem is solved. <>

Later that day, my mother checked the medicine cabinet and asked me why the medicine is still there. I told her I took only one. She then said that there is only one left of that kind. I checked it and surprised when I found out that the blister pack where I took the tablet from is for headache.

Later when I felt the same thing, I just experimented and just think that I just took a medicine – the effective one, and suddenly, I felt fine. Sounds funny but I tried it in minor problems such as headache and mild fever and it worked well – no need for medicines. I have not consumed a lot of medicines since then. When an incident happens, I just have to say “it’s all in the mind”, just think that I will be fine and of course, a bit of rest and things turn out fine.

I have read books and listened to audio books of Deepak Chopra, an Indian-American medical doctor and writer, and on those are the theories behind the healing I have undergone. Below is the excerpt from one of his article and one that I always do remember:

“You have an inner pharmacy that is absolutely exquisite. You name it - the body can make it in the right dose, at the right time, for the right organ, with no side effects, and all the instructions are contained in the packaging.”

- Deepak chopra

Read the Deepak Chopra article: Why do I forget who I am? Part 1 and Part 2

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post !
    I do the same thing many a times.
    When i was a kid, i used to catch cold so often. Most of the times, i used to get it after eating rice. Slowly i made my mind that whenever i would eat rice, i ll catch cold.
    Believe me, it started to happen that way. I used to keep a tablet with me and after eating rice, i would eat the tablet to avoid sneezing..

    But when i grew young, i decided to get rid of this attitude. I made my mind that nothing will happen. And i kept saying this to myself everytime i ate rice.
    Indeed, it worked and i made myself free of this almost 7 yrs back :)

    This is something you can say positive visualiztion. Miracles happens every day in people's life... I have seen people getting cured of cancers without taking any medicine..

    Indeed, i believe that it's all in the mind !!

    Indeed a great post...

    Regards

    Ankit Arora[GetCommented]

    ReplyDelete
  2. The placebo effect is a funny thing. Recently, there was an article in the New England Journal of Medicine that studied knee surgery, and found that placebo surgery worked just as well as regular knee surgery. The body is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the placibo effect. It's definitely pretty interesting. I can't say that I have ever experienced it, because generally medicine doesn't help me much anyway (except for migraines). Allergies, sinus headaches, diarrhea... yeah... I usually have to wait for it just to heal itself or I drink more water, eat healthier, that usually helps.

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.