Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Habit #3

As the production side of the plant is running fine, I thought of giving lectures again to my personnel on technical matters. With it, I reviewed the things that I taught them when I was just starting here in K.K.Kingston. I then realized that it is better to ask them first what they want to become instead just giving them any technical mini-seminars.<>

Habit 3 from Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly effective people is Put first things first. In that situation I knew that it is better to know what they want first and giving them sense of direction first before giving them any technical trainings. From my posts Habit #2, I knew where they wanted to be and asked them for the steps that they have to make in order to achieve it. These steps I told them are the things that we have to focus first to attain their goals.

Putting the 3 first habits together, I told them that we have been proactive in keeping the Saturday meeting/seminar/training work and that we have a vision of what we want to attain. In order to attain them we have to put first things first and focus on the things that have big impact in reaching their goals. I have been saying these words to them over and over and as I see, after that, I know that they are more than ready for the electricals, mechanicals and other things that may help them to reach their destination.

“The main thing is to make the main thing the main thing”
-Stephen Covey


Read post: Habit #1 and Habit #2

1 comment:

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.