Thursday, January 15, 2009

2 Things

On my first job, I have seen lot of things that I do not like such how the manager handles people and the working environment. Back then, I lived in Manucom residence in Quezon City. As I was saying my complaint then to my cousin EJ, my late uncle, Efren Manucom heard me and told me, “sa kumpanya, di ka dapat magreklamo” (translation: in a company, you should not complain), and he continued that there are only two things you can do in case you don’t like the company and those are <>(1) build your own company or (2) look for a company that will give you what you want. Because he is a good father and a successful Meralco employee, I followed what he said. With that, I saw that there are too many things I do not like in the company so I planned to leave. But approximately a month before leaving, I tried to gather all the knowledge I can get. I did not get much for a short period of time.

In the next job as an Electrical supervisor in Franklin Baker, since I began working, I tried to learn all that I can so I can be prepared should there be problems that I will see in the company. I even ventured on the things that are out of my territory such as mechanical equipment. After almost 2 years, as I gained a lot of knowledge plus experience, the time came for me to leave as I realized then that the company cannot satisfy my needs, no complain – I just left. And the cycle goes on and on but level of learning gets higher every time. Thanks to him, I rarely procrastinate.

1 comment:

  1. From what I have seen of Filipino employees I enjoy your wisdom even with your younger age.
    Thanks for reviewing my blog www.americanindavao.blogspot.com
    I hope you enjoyed it and will return.

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.