Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sticker

In Philippines, we have a means of transportation called a tricycle. It used to load 3 to 5 person and is used mostly in short destination only. When going to other places alone, I would rather commute instead of using the car. Going out of the subdivision or compound in Cainta, Rizal where I previously lived and worked, would require riding it. In it, there are stickers of jokes and quotes and there is one that I liked and is still in my head up to now.

In that sticker are the words: “There is no useless person; you can use him as a bad example.” I just smiled at the first time that I read it but as I see that quotation for some time, and as I see some bad habits of some of my co-workers, I began to change... just a bit though. I would promise my self then, not to do the things that I think are not good habits. The words are a bit rude that is probably why the phase were not written in books that I have read, but this one has changed me a bit on how to see people with bad habits. One thing that is advised when talking to difficult people is to ignore them, but with it I see them differently. I would usually tag them as a bad example. Especially if it is procrastination, I would check how they do it and do the opposite.

Before, it was not easy for me to tell if I don’t like other people’s attitude so I keep them and just tell my self not to do as they do. Nowadays, I would try to tell people their bad habits so that they would be aware. It is up to them if they will change them or not. I already have ways of telling it to other people without offending them.

6 comments:

  1. 3 to 5 only? here in our place they carry as much as 6. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my country, Indonesia, there is also vehicle like that tricycle. We call it "Becak" can you read it? hehe...

    Yes pehpot, 6 in my place too LOL but it's an alternative vehicle in my place. Cheap but can bring lot people. Yeah the risk maybe not little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me. Too late to edit the blog but yes, In Cainta, Rizal, Phil., it is up to 6. Just remembered that there are 4 inside and 2 at the back of he driver.

    Evy, is it read as ba-sak or ba-kak???

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats sweet.. I never knew that tricycles are forms of transportation in the phillipines and they hold up to 5!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi friend.. Nice post.. Visit my blog and post your comments.. I have added you to my blog roll.. Hope you too will do the same.. Take care... Keep in touch mate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always knew that there is no useless person, I just didn't really know what they really for. Thanks for this post!!! You're the man!

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.