Friday, January 23, 2009

The Rule II

After a year, I have a chance to drive to the other factory with James and asked him on the difference on the working environment that he has from his first year and when I boarded in K.K.Kingston. I am very pleased when he said that it has been a better place to work after I made some changes in the maintenance system. I also told them the next steps that we will be making and the opportunities in the factories we are working in and is very interested in the coming challenges.

On the same day, I have to go to a meeting with Chemical factory personnel where the topic is to have our maintenance fitter to work fully all on fitter’s job and to be relieved of production set-ups. We called in Tony, the fitter and the supervisors who will have to train people to take other jobs of Tony. They look nervous because of the additional jobs and I had an idea why. While giving people their respective new job, Tony is relaxed because he can do what he really has to and the supervisors aren’t. We at Maintenance also told them positive sides of the change but they are still speechless.

More talks, then I told them that I knew their previous manager and how he works. I told them that transition is not easy and that there can be failures at first but Tony as we promise will not leave them as long as they need him and until the operators are ready. I told them that there will be no blaming when mistakes are made and we will be there to help them when needed. They brightened up when I said about the no blaming rule that we made in the Plastics department that we implemented when I came. With that, they began to give suggestions and they reacted positively.

It has been months since then and Tony has been doing what he does best. I haven’t received any complaint and no major breakdown since the change was made.Case closed again.


Click here to see the post: The Rule.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.