Monday, January 5, 2009

Deaf?

When I was a kid up to a time when I was already working, I know that I have problem with my sense of hearing. I have to repeat what my relatives tell me and due to that, they tagged me as deaf. Whenever I do not hear what they said, they would ask me, in a loud voice, if I did not hear any words they said, then, I would just smile at them.<>

It was until I read communication books and articles when I became aware that I have no problem with my hearing and that what I lack is focus and confidence. Reflecting on the events that happened, I realized that there were probably just too many things that go into my mind, too many what-ifs. I have not much confidence in myself then that probably caused it and I am also very cautious on everything that I will do.

Learning to focus and adding confidence in me came from communication stuffs especially on the ones regarding Listening. Listening is a very serious stuff and needs hard work in attaining to ba a good one. It is one of the things that a good leader should have and so I did my best to work on it. I can say that I am successful in this area as I have many people that are happy when talking to me because of this skill that I have.

When I passed the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) in Philippines, my wife was very surprised that I got 8 (9 being the highest) in Listening (Part I). I just told her that I already sorted out the problem and that I do not really have a hearing problem.

2 comments:

  1. This is fully easiest looked blog and the information is good.
    Oh ya, Have u try my FREE VIRAL for get high traffic in the future?
    U can click here
    See you.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a sweet entry and inspiring entry and I do hope all MEN would think like this and learn to focus haha

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.