Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Habit #1

I am very fortunate to have a seminar on Stephen Covey’s “7 Habits of Highly Effective People”. In Glaxo, all employees especially the Med-reps have to undergo this seminar. It was very meaningful and I practiced them for some time. I forgot it easily as it is not a technical thing. I have to read the book when I remembered that can help me in my new endeavor. Nowadays, I would teach them to my men based on His words and with my experiences. <>

The first one of which is “be proactive”. We would hear managers tell their people to be proactive, but usually means to work, to work, and to do more work. As a leadership advocate, I would tell them to be proactive in Stephen Covey’s way.

When I am with personnel of mine, I would give them advice depending on their needs. I ask them what they would like to be. When I hear their answer, the initial thing I would be telling them is to be responsible for what they want to become. This is Covey’s words with moving out of the comfort zone. Those words are powerful especially when I give them my personal example on how I made it to where I am now. I may not have gone very far, but far enough to motivate them.

2 comments:

  1. hi Glenn, how do you do today?
    I have this book in my library and I've read that book too. It's my best management book, first I read it when I was 17th. A point I remember until now and impress me much is point "first thing first" which speciffically explained on different book after that.
    But, that's another experience to go to its seminar. Wondering...there is also same seminar with the author as keynote speaker. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like a book i may need to pick up.

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.