Friday, November 21, 2008

book #1: The Monk Who Sold his Ferrari

I will impart with you the books that transformed me into whatever creature I have become. Hope you would read them also and hope it will be of help to you as it is with me. This will be the first of a series.

I will start with the first self-help book that I have read which is The Monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma. It is a fable about a lawyer who is exceptional on his job. Through this, he became rich and famous, but is empty deep inside. The turning point is when he collapsed in the courtroom. After some time, he then sold everything he has and searched for the true happiness in life. He sought for the sages in India who hold the secrets of happy and fulfilling life (which are the main parts of the story). He found them and became their student. He shared his experiences and gained knowledge as he had promised.

I am fortunate to have read such a good and interesting book as a start. Being an enlightened person, I have followed the wisdom I have learned from the fable and have searched for more since then.

1 comment:

  1. I have read this book and this is very good to recommend.

    Sherin

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.