Monday, November 17, 2008

success vs failure

My son Gio has been doing well in his class and usually on top of his class in competitions. But one day, in a game, the teacher gave some instructions to prevent them from being eliminated. So he practiced the steps and got hooked up in it not realizing that the teacher is giving additional steps. And it happened… He is the first one to be eliminated. He went to her mother crying and promised her that he will not join any contests ever again. What I told Gio was to just learn from his mistake and that next time, be attentive to the one who gives instructions. I also added that in a game, or in other activities, all you have to do is give your best and accept what the outcome will be. Many of us are like Gio in that instance; we often escape an event where we already failed in instead of trying again. Failure and mistakes should make us stronger and wiser, not weaker. Nowadays, whenever I fail, I always look for the new things I can learn and the opportunity in it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.