Tuesday, November 18, 2008

practice

In a previous company of mine, I had mechanical technicians who asked me if I can teach them electrical stuffs. I merrily said yes since I dreamt of being a teacher. It took me some days to prepare materials to start with, and had a bit of practice as I want it to be a good one. The day came when I was ready and called all the technicians that were present on that day. There were only 3 of them as we have to put others on night shift. And when I was about to start the lecture, suddenly, my fight or flight mechanism was triggered, and no words came out of my mouth. I tried to talk and made it but cannot complete a sentence without blunder in uttering words. My personnel laughed at what they saw and heard. After the event, I smiled and told myself that it is probably because I am not exposed to giving lectures and that it’s my first try. I never got halfhearted and continued lecturing. I still had problems speaking especially when all 6 of them are present but made progress in every session we had. I am very happy that after the lectures that I have given them, they learned new things. With them, my ways of speaking improved, and same with my confidence in doing it in front of a quite bigger crowd.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.