Friday, December 12, 2008

AAAA

Engineering and maintenance is where almost all the problem in a factory is blamed to. Whether it is on machines, quality of utilities and sometimes basic structural, we are the personnel to call. I had to deal with almost all the people in the factory and hear a lot of complaints, even in times when things are going smoothly. How I got through it? <>

Years ago, as I looked for leadership articles, I then bumped into an article which says “4 A’s on how to handle complaints smartly”. The title is too tempting for me not to read them so I took note of it. I wrote them in my notebook so I would not forget them and also wrote them in a post-it note which I pinned at the cork board in front of my desk. I kept on reading them and I have no idea of what the outcome will be should I use them. Reading it from first to last A, it seems that it will work but I still have doubt on it and so are my personnel as they thought that those words are not fair for our team.

I practiced few words for me to use just in case there will be complaints. And when that time came, looking at the note I have, I followed them as written from the first A to the fourth. It was never easy then but I am very proud that I followed them and made a positive result out of it.

As I have practiced those 4 A’s, whenever and wherever people tells me complaint, I now know that there is no need to flinch because I already have it and have been using it for years now. I sometimes forgot those words in order and the words themselves, but I know that I can handle them smartly now even without the note I had.

The 4 A’s are as follows: (1) Agree with the complaint (2) Apologize (3) Act to remedy the problem (4) Appreciate being given the complaint. Unfortunately, I forgot to write down the author’s name and cannot find it now. Thanks to him anyway.

5 comments:

  1. thanks brother, I learn new words today. Sometimes, when people tells us complaint, we usually feel dislike or on the other words, we make a back wall to look after us. Some people usually angry when listen to complaint.
    I think 4 A's is the best way to keep good networking and partnership. That's our study to be more patient

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! for vsiting my blog and this info...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very often people don't know how to complain politely, but the two can indeed go together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 A's, I just heard about that but you got a good point on that.. Sometimes in our lives, dealing with complains are really hard.. So better to be aware on those 4 A's and learn how to deal with it most especially the people..

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.