Monday, December 15, 2008

Book #2: Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

As I have said on my previous posts, I have not been good in relationship handling. Good thing I happen to read this book which helped me a lot in terms of my relationship with my wife, Joecy. When I read and practiced some points in this book, I saw what mistakes I have made and what wrong moves I have been doing. It was not easy for me then, but now, I am already reaping the benefit of the change I made. <>

The book is written by John Gray and the title is “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus”. In it, John shows the big differences between men and women which we should accept. I am not yet very fond of reading non-technical books when this one came. Fortunately, as I read and practice the principles written in it, it gained my interest and decided to finish them from cover to cover.
I also wrote the 2 common mistakes in relationship in my blue book and I would read them once in a while just to be sure I would not fall into that trap again. They are:

1. A man tries to change a woman’s feeling when she is upset by becoming Mr. Fix-it and offering solutions to her problems that invalidate her feelings.
2. A woman tries to change a man’s behavior when he makes mistake and becoming home-improvement committee and offering unsolicited advice and criticism.


It is the basic thing that a couple should know and the rest is elaborated in the book. Joecy would not agree before, but as I changed, so she does.

4 comments:

  1. hi. you or someone have submitted your blog in our directory but we didn't see any linkback on this site. Before we approve it, your site must be a do follow site and should have a link back to our site. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi u have a nice blog ?
    u had just 2 month and ur visitors are over 200... that sounds great...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy for you that you found some things that helped with relationships and that you read the book in the first place. Acknowledgement is an important first step. Way to go!

    Nice blog too, very clean and unique layout.

    Mike/Paloozaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! This book really helps. :) Very helpful during my "chickboy" days... Very helpful too when Kristin and I was just dating. I've used it to my advantage a lot of times. Of course the most important thing is, now I'm using and accepted a lot of facts between man and woman. Kristin and I are happy. I glad you and Joecy are too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.