Monday, December 22, 2008

Certified Calibrator

The first technical training I had was Instrument calibration in Franklin Baker Co. of the Philippines, the second company where I worked for. It is one of my responsibilities as a Process Maintenance Supervisor. I became exposed in instrumentation and machines where those instruments are used. I transferred to GlaxoSmithKline and when they knew that I am a certified calibrator, the ownership was handed down to me. Once again, I learned how pharmaceutical machines run, but it is not just about learning machines that time.

One of the things I also enjoy with calibration in the next company is meeting new faces. As the calibrator, we have to work with contractors in the factory (Maintenance and Quality Assurance) due to some instrument standards that are not worth buying.

I had been with other nationalities and many Filipinos that are experienced in the field of calibration. Calibration involves waiting so we have time to chat. Being with them, I learned a lot of new things not only in calibration, but also a bit about life.

When I am with other nationalities, one thing that I would usually ask is their culture and I would then tell them the difference or similarities on ours. With Filipinos, usually, it is about their experiences in the company they are in and the company and the “hot” companies to transfer to. They are very open in sharing things to me, probably his way of saying thank you for staying with them. I also have to meet other people during refresher of the course.

I consider this a great part of my job. This is also my practice in dealing with people and it made dealing with foreigners easier for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.