Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Jerry

Jerry (right) and Roy (middle) are friends we had when Roberto and I went to China for Factory acceptance of a Paper machine on July to August, 2007. Jerry, a Mechanical Engineer, is one of the few people in that factory who can speak English well. He is a bit older than me. He is a very serious person but became a bit jolly person when he was with me and Robert. He was our tour guide during our stay there. Before I left, Jerry confessed a problem he has on their factory. <>

Being new to the factory, Jerry really wanted to learn how the machines are made and how everything in it works; trouble is that the designer won’t let him get close to the machines whenever there are critical things to be made. He narrated his resentment regarding this matter that he is always told to go far whenever the designer has to make changes on the machines and would never tell him what the amendments done.

I understand why the designer doesn’t want him to see things and one thing is that machine is yet to be patented. I told him that if he cannot learn when the designer is working on the machines then ask the people who are near it at the time installations and changes are made. I recalled telling him “I have been with people who hoard knowledge but I never stopped looking for other options until I learn them and nobody can stop people who want to learn.” I remember telling this to him in a tone of a wiseman. He was very motivated with my words and promised to do what I told him to.

5 comments:

  1. Greetings from Belgium.
    Great weblog, shure I come back to see more.
    Please visit my websites (blogs) on: http://www.bloggen.be/yarnotte/ and http://blog.seniorennet.be/koivis/ so the flag of your country will be on the blogs. Thanks. You can also leave a message or you can contakt me via my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice to hear this. My best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice little crew.

    Never been china but hope it was worth it.

    smile*

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.