Wednesday, December 10, 2008

True Gem


While in a group discussion, a friend of mine who is matured wanted to give advice to a couple who will soon get married. She was telling the couple some good ideas and realistic examples which they at some point have a good probability of running into. It ended in an argument as the couple won’t agree to the advice while she kept on telling her that what she said may happen and that it is just to prepare them. I just kept quite because as the discussion goes, I can see that the couple would not give up protecting what they know and are already closed minded.

Days later, Joel, a friend of mine, told me to read a book he already read and fortunately found something that may halt such arguments. The book is titled Thick face, Black heart by Chin-Ning Chu and this is what it says:

If you have a large, perfect diamond and you take it to the village marketplace, you will have tremendously hard time trying to convince the junk peddlers to give you five dollars for it. However, if you circumvent the village peddlers and the small town shop keepers and go directly to the most reputable diamond dealer in the nation, you would not have to waste your energy attempting to convince him. Your merchandise would speak for itself. You wouldn’t even need to open your mouth, and he might offer you five hundred thousand dollars for it.

If you are a true gem, do not waste your energy trying to undersell yourself to the common village peddlers. You will annoy them and wasted your time. It is much easier to sell valuable goods to those who recognize the value than to those who do not.


I would say that instead of giving realistic advice to peddlers, probably start telling people same fables first. It is like telling peddler the value of a simply stone first, then of copper, silver, and gold. If they already know the value gold, it will then be easy to tell them the value of a more perfect and expensive stone.

10 comments:

  1. I love diamond very much, that's why I also make an affiliate with amazon to sell diamond jewelry. Diamond is very beautiful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good article. Nice to read.

    Sherin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That diamond is beautiful.

    where can i get 1 ?lol

    smile*

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your visit Glenn. Nice to hear your words. You’re good person too for me. Keep on touch, I'm pleasure to do that. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evy, nice to hear from you again, to answer your question on the first post, yes the diamond is beautiful, unfortunately, not everyone knows its "true value"

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!! what a perspective... I never looked at things like this... this iss something I would like to think on... its very true..

    I'm also thinking about the commercial aspect of the teaching..it'll come handy..!!!

    sinjan

    www.freakyfryday.weebly.com

    [plz viist my blog and comment.. I won't let you down]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great advice! I have this problem a lot as I am a student midwife, some people you just have to step back and accept that they won't see your point!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is indeed a true gem! Everybody loves diamond.. It has a unique beauty that nobody has..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I hunted for diamond when I was in US for the one I gave to Kristin when I popped the question. I can almost say I'm an expert in examining and grading the value of a diamond after going through every jewelry shop in Chicago and Glendale Heights (both cities in Illinois).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diamond are extremely rare that's why it's one of the most precious stones. I am actually in the search of treasure hunting such kind of valuable objects.

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.