Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Pattern

When I was writing “AAAA” I tried to incorporate this pattern that I learned while reading articles in the internet. This pattern is written in many forms and I found it later in John Maxwell’s “21 Irrefutable laws of Leadership" and in Robin Sharma’s “The Saint, the Surfer and The CEO”. With the two in one blog, I saw that one is outstanding and when I modified it, the other one takes all the attention so I decided to separate them.

The pattern is The quadrants of learning. I placed it in a table where it really belongs. The quadrants are:

Quadrant I, is where we are not aware that such a skill is existent and that we lack the skill. Relating to the previous post, it is the time when I am hearing complaint and do not know how to handle them.

Quadrant II is the stage where you learn that there is such a skill, but is of course inexperienced in that field. It is when one accepted the need for the skill and devotes time to practice to acquire that skill - This is the time when I learned that there is such a thing as the 4A’s but do not know yet how to deliver and use them.

Applying and practicing the know knowledge or skill and gaining experience from it is the bridge that will connect you to Quadrant III. At this stage, you already have experience and have been using the discovered skill.

As you go on and practice them often, it will then become a part of you and will be unaware that you are already using them when needed; this will bring you to Quadrant IV. This stage is also called the stage of Mastery. As I said before, I can now handle complaint without the use of any visual aids.

This makes blogging easier because I have a pattern to be used when it comes to learned knowledge or skills.

Unconscious

Conscious

Incompetence
Quadrant I
Unconscious Incompetence
Quadrant II
Conscious Incompetence

Competence

Quadrant IV
Unconscious Competence
Quadrant III
Conscious Competence




5 comments:

  1. I am already a member of adbrite and bidvertiser and lots more. I will place them when needed. Thanks for the invitation anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read about quadrant of learning from you this time. I don't know, I never read it in many books I have. There are SWOT analysis and business quadrant. But I never read about quadrant of learning. May I copy your article? Don't worry I'll write your link as a source, but I wanna write it in my language, Indonesia language. in the other words, I'll translate your article, If you don't mind, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem my Friend. Thank you for your support to my Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like ur positive attitude and the willingness to share. Keep up the good work. Lots of good stuff to learn here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Glenn, sorry for reply lately. Thank you for your permit. Well, I'll begin to translate from now ok. I'll tell you when I'm done

    ReplyDelete

Your Ad Here

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.